Monday, June 8, 2009

A wise woman once told me that there are two kinds of people in this world: The suns, who brighten lives. They warm the face of humanity by just being in existence. The Planets who orbit the suns. They try everything in their power to please the suns.

Up to today I've been a planet. I tried to kid myself and pretend that I was a sun but I was always trying to please others. I've been feeling stressed and underappreciated and alone. I think it's time put down my hoe and let someone else tend to me for a change.

I can be independent and co dependent. I can change my mind on a whim. I can be the center of attention. All I'm going to worry about from now on is myself. It sounds selfish, but that's just because it is selfish. The true way to happiness is to get whatever you want, and the only way to do that is to take and not give a shit.

Tomorrow is a new day, and this sun is gonna rise.